8/14/09

Twins are having

Luke was awake from hearing the phone ring, and receiving Angel's wakeup call, he groans into his pillow. "Don't call me that," he grumbles. "It makes me feel old."

Shifting his face so he can see her, he's smiling though. "Have fun. I'll join you soon as I can get this old body out of bed."


Clint gives Wendy a sheepish look before helping her out of the bunkhouse, slowly down the drive, across and to the ranch's small medical building.

Opening the door and helping her inside, he calls to Angel. "Honey, we're home!" Once they're with Angel, he goes for the phone. "Hi, Mom... yeah, yeah, the twins are having - no, I mean, Wendy's having the twins. Yeah we're over here. Okay bye."

Hanging up, he's right back by Wendy's side, his face showing a mixture of excitement and terror.


Dani's smile widens as a look of pleasure crosses her face. "You know, all the other guys who ever wanted to go out with me wouldn't think twice about just diving in. I like that about you, Dalton. I'd be happy to pray for the meal."

As lunch continues, light conversation is picked up. Dani's eyes roam the lake, the beach, the trees, and back towards Dalton's car. As there is a pause in conversation, she feels a pang of guilt. Dalton was one of the sweetest men she knew. She felt right at ease with him, and her instincts said she could trust him. "Hey, Dalton... sorry about earlier. I, um... I know I sorta disappointed you about not riding down here with you."

Her face reddens a little and she eats another chip. "I had a bad experience once and I sorta let it get the best of me sometimes."


Carson looks out from the kitchen and spots Misty. A grin spreads on his face and he ambles over to her, wiping his hands on his apron. Leaning across the counter, he takes her into a kiss, not caring about who's watching.

Drawing back, his grin is still there. "I would hope you like it here because of the cook. But we do have good pizza too."

He straightens up and nods to a nearby customer before his attention goes back to Misty. "So... what'll it be today, Missy?"

No comments: