2/5/09

Liar

Carson leaves one hand manning the stove, the other slipping around Misty as she puts her arms around his waist.

Looking down at her, the same grin remains on his face, the same mischievous look in his eye. "Mmm... yes, you never did do every well with those consequences, did you? How many more times would it take to get you to remember them?"

The tone in his voice lures her as he leans in closer. But his teasing continues as he doesn't kiss her like he acts like he is. "That's ok though," he relents. "If I didn't have to remind you now and again, things might get awfully boring around here."

Finally unable to hold off any longer, he kisses her again, but his own laugh breaks up the exchange. Giving Misty a squeeze, he turns back to the stove. "Now that we've successfully gotten through desert, it's breakfast time."

He scoops the omelets up and slides them off onto the waiting plates. "Because.... if I end up late, and Herb asks me why, there's no way I'm going to tell him anything other than I stopped for breakfast." He swivels around to hand Misty her plate. "So I better not make a liar out of myself."

For a moment, Carson's eyes lock with hers, the teasing turning into a more mellow emotion - one that showed how much he really did care, aside from all the flirting. "Thanks for waiting for me, Missy," he says quietly. "I would have been lost without you."

No comments: