9/28/08

Try again

Jason shakes his head a little as Katie talks, and gives her hand a squeeze. "It's okay...I understand. It's not like I helped you much." He cringes a little. "I know circumstances weren't my fault, but...I could have been there for you more, and I wasn't. So...I guess I'm sorry for that too."

A grin surfaces. "I guess that makes us even."

Jason curls a finger to tap Katie's chin. "We make a fine couple, don't we?" He shakes his head again. "Come on... we can stay up here a while, but... I'd recommend scooting on down below before anything else happens. I might have worried a few others too..."

He offers a look of apology. "Well...maybe just your aunt and Mick."

Jason gets to his feet and offers Katie a hand up as well. Standing near the edge of the cliff, he looks out and puts an arm around Katie's shoulders. It felt right. Finally... it felt right.

Quiet for several moments, he finally turns his head to look down at Katie, a small grin quirking the edge of his mouth. Taking off his hat, he cocks his head, and leans down close to her.

Since I messed up so badly the last time, how about we try this again?

Leaning in closer, his lips brush against hers for just a moment, before he stops and looks her in her eyes again. His eyes glinting, he returns again, letting out the passion he's denied for so long. His fingers gently comb through Katie's hair, the moment too sweet to ruin with words. Only emotions, blissful emotions were given.


Bret takes Charlotte close and swings her around, his eyes shining with the happiness he felt. He couldn't remember a time he'd felt like this... with Charlotte it was just different... and he felt complete.

"Mm... I've got a pocket full of quarters. Personally I'd rather give them to fate than a slot machine."

Grinning, he reaches into his pocket to pull out a coin. "Heads north, tails south. And if it falls under the couch, we just stay here all day and enjoy each other's company."

The coin is tossed, but before it can land, Bret has Charlotte in another kiss, hearing the quarter land on the table. "Rats." His eyes dance. "Guess we have to go."


Reese walks down the hall, opening up Scott's old office. Giving a sigh, he switches on the light. He didn't want to put someone else in here... but he didn't have much of a choice. Life moves on.

Sighing, he goes to sit down behind the computer, and flip it on again. He had to find enough files and information for when the new tech guy came.

No comments: