9/22/08

Don't want to...

Feeling Wendy scoot in closer, Clint naturally wraps an arm around her, continuing his conversation with Jason.

The talk ceases momentarily as Katie comes back in. Clint picks it back up though, pretending everything was normal, unwilling to draw attention to the fact that Kate had left them earlier.

"Hey, Katie. Set yourself down."

Jason quirks an eyebrow at Katie's comment and grins. "Since I learned how to duck your radar?"

Clint gets a scheming look in his eye. "Jase, you gonna thank her like you said you were gonna?"

"Oh yeah." Jason nods, looking at Katie. "Wes showed me the room...said you had quite a bit to do with it...." He looks her in the eye, emitting his gratefulness and excitement. "Thank you."

"Naw, man!" Clint rolls his eyes. "You think you're gonna get away that easy?!"

Jason throws him a look. "Yes."

"No way." Clint elbows Wendy, thriving on his own mischief. "Don't you think he ought to thank her proper?"

Jason can feel the heat again, and smirks. "Clint... watch it, will you?"

"Oh, I'm watching, but I ain't seeing anything."

Jason rolls his eyes. Sorry. I was teasing Wendy earlier with a kiss to thank her, now Clint thinks I ought to kiss you too. I don't want to embarrass you...
His thoughts trail off, for some reason evoking some strange feelings again that he battled to stay down. "You realize, Clint, that I could just as easily thank you. Apparently you were in on it too."

"Whoa, man!" Clint throws up his hands. "I don't want no thanks from you. No siree!!" He scoots in closer to Wendy. "Protect me!"

No comments: