11/17/09

Quite fair

Jade is sure that her heart is going to pound right through her chest as she feels Dan moving in closer. But the moment is suddenly broken, making her jump, and all of a sudden she feels a wave of guilt for being in this position.

Finding out it's the horses, she's sure it's a good thing that it wasn't a ranch hand, but it's also a bad thing. She doesn't hesitate to help though, following Dan's directions and taking a lead rope of her own. Her heart was racing now for a completely different reason. "How many horses were out here?"


Leo forces his eyes to stay open, wincing just a little as another one of his cuts is cleaned. He didn't mind it so much though... not when it was Ryan.

"You don't have to thank me," he mumbles. "I just wish I... would have been strong enough to put that creep in his place."

Falling quiet, Leo stares across the room to the fire for several moments before lifting his gaze. The firelight danced across Ryan's face, illuminating each feature with soft shadows to define the smooth contours.

Reaching up, he stops Ryan's hand from wiping any more, and just holds her hand still. "And I wish I... I would have... swallowed my pride sooner too." His gaze drops once more.


Gunner grins. "Fair? I'd say this was quite fair, seeing as though you started it."

Eventually, he lets Bree go, releasing his hold and letting his legs stay one on each side of her. "But I'm a nice guy," he concludes. "But you never know... next time I might not let you off so easy."

JT eyes them for a moment, then goes back to watching tv, seeming to have heard a joke no one else had.

Now fully awake, Gunner moves one of his toes to nudge Bree teasingly, not letting the little row die.

No comments: