10/28/09

Radar

Mick lifts his face, unable to help a little grin. Rosetta could make him feel good, no matter what kind of mood he was in. He felt even sorrier though, when she told him BJ had witnessed the argument.

"No... everything's not okay, but don't ask me what's wrong because I don't know."

Sighing, Mick gets to his feet and wanders up behind BJ to look over his shoulder at the colors. "Hey, kiddo." He ruffles BJ's hair. "I'm sorry I was yelling outside. You did the right thing by coming back to Mom."

Leaving the child to his art, Mick wanders into the adjoining room so Rosetta would follow him out of earshot of BJ this time. "Jade's hiding something. I thought it was Dan, but it wasn't, now he's upset with me and so is she, but she still won't talk." He shrugs lamely. "Maybe I misread the whole thing, but I've always been able to trust my gut. This time though I just made a mess. I just can't seem to communicate with Dan. One day we're fine and kidding around and the next, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him."

He sighs deeply, leaning back against the wall. "Maybe my radar is off, I don't know."

No comments: