10/11/09

Could I forget?

"Why you work so well with the kids and I thought you liked your work?"

Bree looks across the desk at her boss, fashioned in her scrubs and ready for work. It had been an hour since she had left Gunner safe and sleeping back at the hospital. Now she was back at work with a request.

"I do love my job here with the kids but I think just for a little while a change of scenery would be nice. Not to mention I think I could help over at Northside. I know they need people for overnights as well, so its not a waist."

Leaning forward on the desk the Dr looks across space at Bree sitting in front of him. She was one of his best workers and would hate to lose her but feather more he would hate to have her leave on her own and not come back.

"If your sure this is what you want, and you come back here when your ready I will alow you to go to Northside. Go home, get some sleep and tonight you can go back there at 9 to work. I'll call the Dr's and let them know your coming."

Giving a small nod Bree's face holds no expression thought on the inside she was happy to be going to Northside. She could keep a better eye on Gunner there and help him better.

"Thank you very much Dr. Heart. I will be back when I am ready."

Standing Bree leaves the office and makes her way across the floor. Stoping at a few childrens rooms before she left. Who new if when she got back if they would be there still. Once finished Bree heads out of the hospital again and home to grab some sleep.

Heading to the barn Dan was running late for his chores but a movement by one of the straw bails caught his attachen. Seeing Jade and the look on her face Dan could tell something was wrong. Not being able to help himself he makes his way over to Jade. He was late already what was another couple of minutes.

"Hey There! Everything ok?"

Sinking down on the bail next to Her Dan gives a soft smile. Not wanting to invade her space but make sure everything was ok.

Entering the building with Kyle by her side Alice cant help the little bit of excitement inside her that was building for Kyle.

"Its going to work out Kyle. I know it will."

Continuing to follow the music with Kyle Alice stays close not sure herself what to expect. Seeing Erik Alice smile as he and Kyle talk for a long moment.

"It's good to see you again Erik I hope you are well."

Feeling Kyle's hand in her own Alice gives it a little squeeze as she start to walk again. Looking over to Kyle she smiles.

"I'm so proud of you Kyle."

Looking back at Ryan Thirteen gives a smile. She often helped Ryder with odd jobs here and there now and enjoyed it. Though things were still rough, and sometimes she still had a hard time understanding things or was jumpy everything for the most part was going well.

"Hmmmm...yes I think I will help you. I've rather enjoyed it the last few times."

Grabbing one of the extra aprins Thirteen throws it on she gets to her normal place in the kitchen ready to work. Turning to Ryder she gives a smile.

"So I was thinking, maybe tonight I could cook dinner for you by myself. I think I know what I want to make and I have been studying the recipe, I just need to go to the store to grab a few things."

Giving a laugh and returning the kiss its finally broke as she giggles again. Things had been going fairly good the last week or so and Misty couldn't be happier. Giving a thoughtful look to Carson a grin forms on her lips as she looks up at him.

"Well, I dont know if my feonsay found out I was going to dinner with Hot Australian guys he might get pretty upset. I dont know if you could handle him."

Tossing a look over her shoulder at Rick her sassy grin remains ferm.

"What do you think Rick?"

"How could I forget when you keep waking me up from my dreams of Leo, racing and other happy things?"

Opening her eyes slowly her head was splitting but seeing her brother seemed to help it melt away just a little.

The last few days Ryan could hardly remember anything but bits and peaces of what was going on. Almost like a dream she could remember small things that were like a puzzle fitting them together to get the idea of what happened.

Giving a smile to her brother Ryan turns her head just a little reaching out for his hand. She was happy he was still here.

"I didnt think you would stick around this long. But I'm happy you did."

No comments: