9/23/09

I'll ask

The three guys just stare at Ryan, seeming to feel more sheepish than upset with her for pouncing on them. It works though. As Ryan walks away, the guys look at each other, and silently decide not to keep picking on the same subject. It wasn't worth it.



"They will..." Mick nods his head as he starts the truck. His eyes give Dan a sidelong glance. He knew the young man had a lot of questions running through his mind. "Sometimes two people just need to grow a little on their own before they come together." This he knew well, though he hoped Jason and Katie would find happiness in a much shorter time than he and Rosetta had.

"Jason and Katie have come a long, long way. They've been through a lot, apart and together, and they've been dealt a hard hand in life. But... if I know them, they'll make it. What about you?"

Mick cocks his head, a little grin on his face. "You've been here how long? I have yet to hear of any woman in your life."



Jason lets out a long sigh. "Oh, Katie..." He couldn't imagine what she was feeling right now. "I'm so sorry... I know Rick's still working..." He knew that didn't help much. He'd heard Scott had helped out, but he also had heard Rick and Misty hadn't had any successes yet.

Thinking a moment, he closes his eyes. "I don't know if Reese will let me go or not..." His voice trails off and he kicks himself. He'd just gotten back, realizing some ways in which he needed to change, and this was his only response to her now? "...but I'll ask him, okay?"

He bites his lip and glances out his office towards the infirmary. "There's... something I need to talk to you about too... but not until I see you."

Another pause. Why he felt awkward, he didn't know. "I love you, Hero... hang in there for me, okay?"



Gunner leans back in his chair and fires another rubber band into Susanne's empty office. Another bullseye. With his feet up on his desk, he rocks a little, his mind wandering too much to concentrate on paperwork. Why he was hesitating to call Ned, he didn't know. The thought of ghosts kept coming to mind, even though he tried to get around it. But he couldn't just give up his life's work in one moment... could he?

No comments: