9/20/09

I hope

"You? Fallen for me?" Leo shakes his head and grabs a nearby tool. "I don't know what to believe anymore. All I know is a couple guys are short ten bucks because you and I have been on a few dates. I always wondered why you finally gave in to my nagging, and now I know why. There was no way on this green earth that you would have gone out with me in the first place... until you had something to prove."

He looks up again, fire flashing in his eyes. "I know I can be stupid sometimes... and I know I goof off and I screw up a lot of things. This is the only job I could ever keep for more than six months, and I know most people just take me for an idiot. But not a fool... Never have I been set up like this, just to be made a fool out of. Whatever your point was, Ryan... whether it was to make me look stupid, to earn a buck or just prove some stupid point, you did it quite well."

Leo's fingers tighten around his tool. "I don't care what happened in the meantime... the fact is, that this whole thing started because of a bet. And I'm the fool. Congratulations... I hope the next guy knows better than I did."

No comments: