9/11/09

Don't know what to do

"Ah... my orders, Rick's reluctant permission." Jason tries to give a little laugh, but it doesn't come out very well.

"Um, yeah, so-"

He's cut off by Con buzzing in on his desk phone.

"Sorry, Katie... I have to go. Con is on my case."

"Jason???"

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" Jason doesn't want to cut off so abruptly, but Con was apparently in a hurry, and he'd run out of things to say to Katie anyway. "Take care of yourself. Bye."

Flipping his phone shut he grabs the other one. "What?"


Jeff holds eyes closed tighter as a wave of pain hits him. "Remember... what happened. What they gave me." He shakes his head, frustrated with himself. "I have to remember."

Opening his eyes, he stares up at Angel, his gaze pleading with her. "Don't let me die like this, Angel, please... I don't want to just lay here and get worse. Don't make me stay in this bed... please."


Reese sighs. "Tomorrow would be fine. I wouldn't care if it was today. And as far as an office... well... I suppose we could let you use the second interrogation room for now. It's stark, but at least it would be private for you."

He gives a little moan, rubbing his aching forehead. "Gunner is a driven man, but it's become an obsession. When he was about eighteen, he was in a car accident with his parents. They were killed. He survived, but lost all his memory. He insists that his parents were murdered, when the police caught a guy and put him behind bars already. Gunner says it's the wrong guy, and he's out for revenge. Has been for years, and he won't give it up. I wouldn't mind so much, but today he forced a civilian to get private information for him, while holding a knife to the guy's throat. I don't know what to do with him. He's on this wild chase, this... this... mystery he thinks exists. I don't know if he's trying to find closure, or that's the only thing he thinks he can live for or what, but today I realized that I can't help him anymore. He needs help... and I don't know what to do."

No comments: