7/31/09

Close to death

Looking at her plate, Thirteen moves her food around for a moment before looking up at Ryder. "The world is full of heartache and pain. Why would I bother putting myself through it?"

Thirteen is quiet again for a moment. This stuff was confusing and she wasn't even sure how to talk about this.

"I like how I feel around you. Even if I don't understand why my heart races and why it feels like something is fluttering in it, but I know it's a feeling I like."

Thirteen looks down at her plate again as her cheeks turn red. She felt embarrassed but why, she wasn't sure.


Looking up as Reese walks away, Sapphire can't help but be a bit surprised. She had hoped Reese would let Gage go, but she didn't think he really would.

Turning back to Gage, Sapphire gives a nod then goes to her phone. "Dalton, can you set up a cam in the extra room please? Yeah, thanks."

Hanging up the phone, she waits for Hal to uncuff Gage before helping him up. "Come on, lets get you cleaned up and settled." She offers Gage a friendly and inviting smile. "I think we have some clean clothes for you too. They might be big but will work for now."

Leading the way, Sapphire weaves in and out of cubicles before coming to the extra room. "No more cell. You get to stay in a more comfortable place now."


Giving a smile, Katie doesn't let it bother her that Jason laughed. She was sure that she sounded a little crazy.

Coming so close to death, I guess I just realized life is too short to just stand waiting.

Taking a sip of her water, Katie looks back up at Jason and gives a small laugh. "I guess I just didn't want to wait any longer."

No comments: