5/12/09

The drill

Scott heaves a sigh and tries to compose himself. He hated feeling this way – lost and out of control. He’d thought he was done feeling that way. But now… he didn’t know what was happening to him.

Dalton’s words bring some reassurance to him. At least somebody believed in him. But he still wasn’t sure himself… if he wasn’t supposed to be a spy, then what had happened to him? It was disturbing to think that he didn’t remember something like this.

Seeing the pop and jerky pushed towards him, Scott quietly refuses. “Thanks, Dalton. I don’t think I can eat anything right now.”

He looks down again. “You need to get back to work… we need everybody on the case to find Katie and… and they’re just going to leave me in here for now anyway… I know the drill.”


Seeing the look on Nate's face, Carson turns to follow his stare. His own eyes widen as a new anger burns in his veins. Seeing Phinox act like he came in peace was something he wasn't about to trust. Though the adrenaline surged through his veins, he mustered up enough control not to attack the man outright. Instead, he slowly reaches down to the phone and dials the short extension.

"Sapphire? Lock down the perimeter of TJY. Don't let anybody out of the building until Nate or I give you the all-clear."

Hanging up the phone, he knows that it would only take seconds to lock all exits. Gritting his teeth, Carson steps forward, pulling his sidearm from its holster and stretching it out to aim it at Phinox's chest. "You're from the Agency and we know it," he hisses. "As such, I'm sure you know me and know that I'm not one to play games. Now you have sixty seconds to convince me not to put a bullet in you right now."


In a quiet corner with no one around, a phone is picked up to dial out on a secure line. The voice is hushed as eyes glance around to ensure no one is listening. The other end is picked up, and the conversation is kept brief.

"He broke. ...Yes... I don't know... ...not that I know of.... they've been trying... yeah... no, I'm not sure what did... yeah.... no, but I'll make sure it is... what time? ...Okay. Goodbye."

No comments: