2/4/09

Because

"You're back early."

Axel rolls his eyes at Leo. "I'm late."

"Not if you were on a date."

"I wasn't on a date!" Axel throws his friend a warning glance. "Now cut it out."

Leo backs up a step. "Whoa, alright, alright. Chill."

Axel smirks at him, the glare dispersing. "If you'd pay as much attention to the cars as you do other people's businesses, you'd be a star mechanic."

Leo gives a cheesy grin. "Maybe I should be a journalist instead."

"Then let me be the first to say..." Axel lowers his voice to a whisper. "It's none of your business who I was with for lunch."

Leo laughs and shakes his head, getting back to work. "Alright, be that way. While you're at it, bring that old beater in here - she's yours to work on today."


Scott hesitates a moment and gives a little shrug, finally looking up at Hope to reply to her question. "Because... you're that number and... people like you are rare."

No comments: