1/29/09

For no one...

Entering her apartment the warmth his her and she smiles. It was nice knowing she had a home to come to and now have to worry if it was going to be infact warmer here than outside. Taking her jacket off Jess hangs it on the coat rack the way by the door and slips her shoes off.

It was strange to fell so comfortable with having Rocky in the house. The last guys she was even remotly comfortable having in her house was Carson but something about Rocky was just differnt.

Turning to Rocky before she heads into the kitchen she smiles and gives a nod.

"You can hang your jacket up there if you want, and the living room is right through there. You can make yourself comfortable."

Heading into the kitchen she pulls a bag of chips out of the cupboard and than goes to the fridge. Glancing in it her eyes scan over the few items there along with a few bottles of beer. Knowing better than to even offer one to Rocky Jess just skips over that option. Calling into the other room she inquires.

"I have Pepsi, Mountain Dew, water and I wouldnt trust the milk. Also the movies are to the left of you if you would like to pick one out."

Sitting down on the couch Angel makes herself comfortable. This had been the first time she had been in Austin's house. Looking around the room at the differnt things he had collected over the years she holds a smile on her face till her eyes come back to Austin.

"Ah, Luke is probley missing me something tarrable right now, but he's a good guy. I am sure if he could of he would of come too. Though I have to addmit a nice change in scene is nice."

Feeling the suddin awkwardness Angel find it odd for a moment. She had never felt this before and it makes her wonder. Austin and her had been best of friends for ages and after all this time one would think there would be no awkwardness.

At Austin's comment about this being more than a social call it hits a cord with Angel and her smile drops for a moment. A suddin twinge hit her. Austin almost seemed upset and she had to addmit it hurt a little to think that.

"I am a scout for no one Austin and I have to say I am a bit hurt to think that you would think that. After all this time I would think you new me better than that."

As fast as the smile went Angel puts it back on though it seemed a little harder now.

"I came to see how my long time friend was doing. I was worryed because after everything I was hearing it didnt seem like the man I once new. I just wanted to make sure you were ok. Not to mention once you left Texas again you failed to keep in touch and that made me worryed as well."

In all truth she was worryed. Angel didnt mean to be nosey, or pry but she was worryed about Austin and as his friend she wanted to make sure he was ok. Things like this had happend before and if it was happening again where The Agency was getting themselfs under peoples nail Angel wanted to know and help all she could.

Going into a coughing fit Angel is silent for a moment, the echos of coughing was the only thing hurt. Finally finished it almost hurt to talk but she pushed on anyways.

"Besides you always got to see what I did for work. I wanted to see what you did now too."

No comments: