9/4/08

Prep

Kyle's shoulders drop a little. He knew he needed rest. After everything his body had gone through the last couple days, and how sick he'd been not twelve hours earlier, he needed sleep. But he couldn't. Not now.

He lets his smile fade, knowing Misty could see through it anyway. "I have to go...it's me their after...I know they're going to try something tonight."

A small grin emerges, mischief forced into his eyes and he reaches out to tap a finger under Misty's chin. "You'll just have to keep me awake."

Without waiting for any further argument, he heads to the door, opening it for her to exit first.


Jason takes a deep breath, nodding. It was one thing to be on a case for TJY. It was another thing to be on a case that involved his friends. And it was different still as he wouldn't even be able to help from onstage. He had to trust the others and resolve not to be on security tonight.

"Yeah...the Agency is just so hard to predict. As much as I hate to admit it, I almost wish we had Carson there 'cause he might recognize these goons."

Con quirks an eyebrow. "Well...let's just hope they got their idiot thugs on this one. They shouldn't be all that hard to spot."

"No, I just..." Jason sighs, gathering up all his fears into one bundle and stuffing them under the surface. I just feel so helpless on this one. "I just want to make sure we don't make mistakes. Nothing could happen tonight...it might be as quiet as anything. But something in my gut tells me otherwise. I think Kyle's right."

Shaking his head, he gathers up several of the firearms. "Come on...let's get this stuff together, meet up with Nate and Wyatt upstairs, then head on over. The rest of the band will be waiting."


"Yo man, there you are!" Phil looks up from the stage as he sees Misty and Kyle approaching. "I've been trying to call you all day!"

Kyle rolls his eyes and throws his arm in the air.

Phil smirks. "Yeah, you were probably ignoring me on purpose. Don't do that to me...we thought maybe you got taken down for good or something."

Kyle quirks an eyebrow and nods to Misty as if saying, 'what do you think I got her around for.'

Phil just shakes his head. "Well get your butt on up here and help us set up then. And show Misty the music so she knows what on earth is going on. And for pete's sake stay out of trouble."

Kyle sighs a little, but his smile is there. Jogging the last couple steps he leaps up onto the stage, whirling around and shifting his weight, squinting and pointing a finger at Misty.

Jen laughs from her place on the floor. "Kyle, will you settle down? What did you have for lunch? Sugar?"

Kyle thinks for a moment, then just grins and dances over to where his keyboard needed to be set up. He waves to Misty, asking her to come up and help him.


"Alright guys..." Jason stands at the back of the room with Katie, Con, Wyatt and Nate. "I have to go set up, so....." He looks to Katie. "You're in charge. Don't forget the silencers so if we do have to fire, the audience won't be alerted right away. And be on standby to call the cops. Brown knows there might be trouble. If anyone's caught, let them come pick the goons up so you all can stick around in case there's a second wave."

"Hotshot!"

Jason turns around and looks to the stage. "Coming, coming!" He looks back at the others. "Alright. See you later."


Bret flops down on the couch and flips on the television. Tonight it was a lonely night...he'd made no plans...but didn't feel like getting out anyway. Noticing his answering machine light blinking, he listens to the message.

"Bret...you're ignoring me. You know better than that. Ten days...you know you want to...for more reasons that one. Call me. You know where I am." Click

Bret grits his teeth and immediately erases the message. No, he wouldn't be returning the call.

No comments: