6/12/09

Harder

Ryder cringes just a little at Nate's words, but it silent for a moment, at a loss for how to respond. His eyes roam the hall for a moment before he starts to just walk away. Instead though, he turns one more time. "I'm sorry," he apologizes. "I guess it's harder being a friend than I thought."

Leaving it at that, he continues his route down the hall, heading out onto the main floor.


Laura finds herself unsettled, and finally gets up off the bed again, wandering back to the door. Opening it a crack, she sees Nate, and her shoulders drop.

Holding the door open, she leans on the doorway. "Nate?" She tries at a smile but it doesn't work very well. "Can you sit with me? I don't feel like being alone."


Gage weighs his options as he sees Phinox waiting for an answer. Pushing himself off the desk, he approaches slowly. At least this way, he'd be in control of how severe the torture was, if there was any more at all.

"I'll do it," he takes the challenge. "I know her weak spots." Sidling past Phinox, he aims for the door himself.

No comments: