6/30/09

Being Human

Pulling away from Ryder a little Thirteen hones in on his busted open lip. Whiping her own eyes from the tears that flowed through them Thirteen just looks back at him a bit of confustion in her own eyes as to why he had a bloody lip.

Reaching out she gently touches it and than pulls her fingers away looking at the blood that now marked them. Something deep inside her stired, she wasnt sure what it was but she didnt like it.

Standing Thirteen timidly walks over to where her water bottel was. Looking as if deep in thought maybe remembering something she takes her napkin and dumps just a little bit of water on the towel before going back over to Ryder and kneeling down on the floor infront of him.

Looking into his eyes for a moment she looks down to his lip and gentil takes his face in her hand bring the cloth to his lip and softly whiping the blood away. Almost copying what he had done on the cut for her the day before.

Being very silent for a long moment Thirteen keeps cleaning Ryder up, feeling inside a little bit of good being able to help as many things ran through her head.

Finally as she cleans the last little bit of blood up Thirteen finally talks.

"I've live there all my life, its been my home and my father is the leader. I want to go back home but at the same time..."

Thirteen looks down so deep in thought and showing the pain inside was conflicting and great.

"..I dont want to go back. I couldnt never be like them, I couldnt bring myself to all the blood, the smell it made me sick. I disapointed my father and he punished me for it. No what I just couldnt do it. I dont want to hurt anyone, and I dont want anyone else to hurt me anymore."

Thinking again for a moment Thirteen looks around the room before looking up at Ryder again in the eyes. Her question searous.

"Can I stay here? Its safe, and feels like my home. I like it in this room, and the floor isnt cold."

One could tell Thirteen was happy with the small room but also just how much of the world she didnt know. For the last 21 years of her life, a room was her home and sitting there, sleeping there, and learning the art of fighting, files, torcher where her pass time. A small clean room, with a carpet floor was like someone winning a million dollars.

Thinking for a long moment Nate plays with his keys in his hand. He could tell his boss his reason but really it had nothing to do with work and he would rather not let it get around. Sooner or later people would find out.

"Just, personal reason. Stress and what not. I know things are pretty backed up at the moment but I only want maybe two or three days than I will be back into the swing of things."

Giving a small nod to Reese Nate stands. His eyes held so many things in them he didnt even know himself where to start.

Taking Carson's hand in a strong hold Angelica gives a nod and a small smile.

"Try and stay out of trouble eh?"

Watching him leave she was about to follow but stops as she see Misty go out after him. Giving a soft smile she new he would get the repramanding and ride would all ready be offered to Carson and she was no long needed. Sitting back down her gathers some of her papers and finishes up a few things before leaving.

Exiting the court room Misty scans the people coming and going finding who she was looking for. Walking over to the bench She runs her hand along Carson back before sitting down next to him keeping her arm around his shoulders.

For many reasons she could be mad at him, she could yell and even lecture but she didnt want to, and it just didnt seem right. Today it seemed like Carson needed something more than that. Even the best of the best fall sometimes and she couldnt be mad at him for being human.

Leaning her head forward just a little bit to look at Carson she gives a small smile.

"Wanna talk about it?"

No comments: