4/23/09

Check

A grin forms on Misty's face as she cocks her head to the side a little. It wasnt hard to tell at all that this was indeed a relation to Carson. For a moment Misty is taking back to a the time when she first met Carson. The look in his eyes, the way she felt when he had held her in his arms and the first kiss she had even gotten from Carson Banks. It was strange how much time had passed but thinking about it, it seemed like just yesterday.

Coming back to the here and know Misty continues to grin. She had to stay focused with what was going on and couldnt let Alec have the upper hand.

"Ah, having a criminal breathing down my neck dosnt bother me. I've delt with it before."

Giving a shake of her head Misty turns around to the counter puting a few pills into a small cup.

"You know a while ago your brother sat in the same spot and I fixed him up. I did everything to keep him out of that cell. I ended up falling in love with him. A comman criminal, the worst of the worst found it in himself to change and made me the happyest woman in the world. It was a long hard road, but I think I would do it again for the outcome I have now."

Misty gives a smile as the flams in her eyes flicker. Since Carson it had grown brighter and now talking it about it gave Misty's face a glow.

Turning back around to Alec she holds the tiny cup out to him with some water.

"Sorry kid, but your brother beat you to it. I've gotten a little smarter since than on what I can and cant do. I have to watch you for a little bit to make sure you dont rip those stickes out so you at least get to stay up here for an hour or so. Than I need to take you back. Take this it will help with the pain and help you sleep."

Hearing Brown's voice Nate feels instintly awake and is all ears. Standing before Brown is even done Nate has his jacket on. Someone hit Laura and Katie's house was it really only a concordance.

"All right I am on it I will be down."

Hanging up the phone and exiting his cubicle Nate makes his way to Jason's office quickly. Not even knowing Nate opens the door stepping inside.

"Jason, with me. Brown just called there was a shoot out at Katie and Laura's place. I am going to check it out and I want you to come with me."

As fast as he had entered Jason's office Nate was gone again heading for the door. Along the way Nate stops at Laura's desk. Leaning over he gives her a kiss on the top of the head.

"There was a shoot up at your house tonight, I want you to stay at Con and Jamie's or you can take up the spair bedroom at my place where it is safe. Jason and I are going to go check it out."

No comments: