3/9/09

Cold water

As Nate's knuckles slam into Con's jaw, he staggers two steps back, his head whipping to the side. Blinking, he gives his head a shake. Then looking back at Nate, he straightens, fire blazing in his eyes. Without waiting, his big hand grabs Nate's collar.

"You hit me one more time," he hisses, "and so help me, not only will you wish you'd never met me, but you'll never see Laura again."

Anger flashes across his gaze. It takes everything he has not to knock Nate cold right here. "Accept the fact that she doesn't want to see you right now and quit taking it out on me. For once in your life trust that I know how to take care of my sister and I don't need your help to do it. I've been taking care of her for far longer than you have."


Just letting Katie struggle with the blanket, Ryder crosses his arms, watching while holding in his own laughter. Suddenly though his eyes widen as he sees the couch tipping. All he can do is catch Katie as she falls, now his own laughter coming out.

"If I took flying lessons from you, I think I'd have a whole lot more to worry about than I do now, like... crashing."

Shaking his head, he looks down at Katie's red face. "I think somebody needs to cool off."

Getting her in his hold once again, he's suddenly dragging her down the hallway to a destination unknown. Reaching the bathroom, he kicks the door open and pulls her in after him. Still keeping her held tightly with one arm, he reaches in to turn the cold water on in the shower, then attempts to push Katie in towards it.

No comments: