2/10/09

Heaven sakes

Putting her dishes into the sink and reaching down to scratch Henry on the head Katie just thinks for a long moment. Something like this was a big deal but it also needed to be handles very delicately.

Yeah I agree talk to Carson and go from there.

Passing the phone in the hallway the ring startles her.

Darn phone. I am so use to just talking to you this way this stupid thing startles me every time it rings.

I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night J.

Finishing her mentil conversation with Jason Katie hears the phone ring again. Figuring Laura didnt hear it or was busy Katie answers it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hero. How are ya?"

Hearing Nate's voice a smile comes to her face. Nate was one of her fav people at TJY and it was always nice to hear him call. Not to mention he brought a smile to the face of her friend.

"Heya Nate. I am going ok and yourself?"

"Oh I'm doin all right. Is Laura around?"

For a moment Katie is quiet. It almost sounded like something was wrong Nate's voice sounded shakey and that was unlike him.

"It everything ok?"

"Oh yeah everything is fine just need to talk to Laura."

"Ok yeah sure let me get her for you."

"Thanks Hero."

Katie puts the phone down for a moment and heads into the livingroom. Seeing Laura on the coutch she enters the rest of the way picking up the cordless phone.

"Laura Nate is on the phone for you."

Handing it to her she turns and head back out hanging up the older phone and than heads into her room for the night.

Still staying snuggled into Con Jamie is silent for a moment. A feeling washing over her. She felt so bad for Con, and he had been so depressed as of late. It was hard to see him like this and it made Jamie's hear ack.

"No matter what Con, your always good for something. I know things havent been the greatest, and you have been down on your luck. But I love you just the same and I am happy because I have you. Thats all that really matter to me."

Lifting her head alittle Jamie leans up and gives Con a soft kiss on the lips before resting her head on his chest again.

Hearing Luke's voice and feeling someone shaking her Angel trys to pull herself out of sleep. After a few trys and hearing Luke plead Angel is finally able to open her eyes. Forming the best smile she can she pushes the cover back and brings a hand up to Luke's face to run her fingers down the side of it.

"You made it."

Trying to stay at contious as she could Angel manages to sit up but takes a hold of Luke's arm to stedy herself. Looking a little to the left and seeing Jeff her smile grows a little more.

"It looks like you braught the calvery with you."

Though she was sick, and she new it was getting worse, though Angel new she would die if there was no cure her humor was still there trying to make the best out of this situation. In a time like this its really all that could help anyone move forward.

Growing weak again Angel trys her best to stay sitting up right as she continues to talk, to stay strong.

"My books and everything I have observed is over on that table there. It wasent untill the start of this week it hit me hard. I had been doing ok and than just out of no...where...."

Angel stops for a moment as she goes into a coughing fit. Bringing her hand to her mouth she continues to cough till finally it stop. Pulling her hand away is reveals some blood on it proving her had coughed it up. Looking at it for a moment she than looks up at Luke again. Worry coursed through this brave womans eyes.

"I'm sorry...Luke I kept this from you. I just though...I could make myself...better or it would go away...I guess not even the dr can know everything."

Making herway through the hotel quickly a woman about in her early 30's turns the courner. Not paying attachen to where she was going she walks straght into Gunner.

"Oh excuse me I am so sorry..."

Finally looking up the woman takes a jump backwards as his apearance startles her.

"Heaven sakes."

Just standing there stairing at him for a moment the woman says nothing just eyeing him up and down. Who and what on earth was this in front of her. This man looked like he had just come in from a year long stay in the woods. Finally steping to one side the woman does take her eyes off of hime as she starts to walk away.

Finally turning around she hurrys from the hotel and dosent look back.

No comments: