12/6/08

Engine

Jason grins as Katie gets in his truck and gives him a kiss.

As you wish.

Turning on the engine, he pulls out of the parking lot and heads downtown. "Mom and Pop's here we come. And after that..." He shrugs. "I guess the day will make itself."


Rick looks around the reception area, enjoying the pictures, and finding that so far this place was very pleasant. It felt good here, and if any place should, it was this one. This was what he was looking for... hopefully Hope would be too. The question was, whether or not she would be willing to take on someone like Scott who had such dangerous connections.

Rick returns the woman's smile and nod. "Yes, actually. I'm, um, looking for Miss Garrison. We played phone tag earlier this morning and I wanted to either meet with her today or set up an appointment to do it another time. I may have a client for her."


Reese looks over to Nate and shakes his head. "I don't know Nate.... I don't know." He lets out a long weary sigh. "I guess I knew my time here was limited once all this started to happen. It was only a matter of time before we clashed. But still... I don't know what it was that set him off. He said something about Brown and an investigation, but I don't have a clue what that is."

"I think I know someone who would..." Wyatt comes up behind Nate. He was quiet and calm, but a strange anger burned behind his eyes. The majority of the time, his relationship with his father was kept strictly business here. But knowing that his father had just been fired... he took it personally.

Reese lifts his eyebrows. "Oh? What are you talking about?"

Wyatt hesitates, glancing up at Nate, then back at his father. "Jason and Katie were working on something. They wouldn't tell me what. But... I got the idea they were trying to get Austin in trouble."

Reese stands a moment, halfway surprised, partly amused, and partly not surprised at all. "Interesting."

"You want me to find them?"

"No." Reese shakes his head. "I have a better idea. I'm going to go see Brown. Anybody want to come along?"

Wyatt backs off. "I'm staying here to make sure nothing else happens."

Reese looks to Nate. "Care to join me? I'm sure you realize all our jobs are on the line."


"Yo, man... somebody's got trouble." Leo nods out the garage to the car that had just parked. Smoke was billowing from the engine.

Axel finishes tightening the clamp on the hoses, and turns around to look. "They sure do."

"Isn't that the car you just worked on?"

"Yeah." Confusion enters Axel's tone and he grabs a rag to wipe his hands.

Leo snickers. "Better go find out what you missed before the big boss does."

"I didn't miss anything."

"Sure you didn't. Most cars just smoke all the time."

Axel throws Leo a withering look. "Ha...ha..." He makes his way through the garage area and hears the bell ring, but instead of going into the office, he steps outside, aiming directly for Jess' car. Though normally going to customers first, he knew the car and knew the owner, not hesitating to go ahead and investigate.

Opening up the hood, more steam comes out, followed by a hissing sound. Propping the hood open, he leans in a little, scanning the engine.

No comments: