10/8/08

Forgive me

Carson gives a sigh as he hears Jess' voice. "I'm so sorry... I, um..." He glances back to the busy table. "My sister showed up, Jess. Kinda threw me off balance. And we got a whole bunch from TJY here, so we kinda..."

He stops for a moment. "I forgot. I'm sorry."

Pausing, a slight grin curls his lips as he concentrates on his phone conversation rather than thinking about the interaction he'd just been involved with. "I told my sister she could sack out in my room for the night. I guess she's moving here... I got bits and pieces of why, but right now she doesn't have a place. So... In about an hour, this place will be cleared out and I'll be cleaning up. If you wanna swing on by... I'd like you to meet Dani, and... she's tired so she'll probably sack out early...we could hang out for a while..." He drops to a slightly sly tone. "...that is, if you forgive me."


Back at the table, the guys finally settle down. Though out of breath, they try to get back to eating.

Kyle slides in beside Misty, elbowing her teasingly. "You did save me some pizza, right?"

Jason flops down in his own chair, slinging an arm around Katie. "You just had to break up the fun, didn't you?"

Wyatt quirks an eyebrow as he looks at them, glancing from Katie to Jason, back to Katie again. He leans closer to Kyle, and whispers something to him. Kyle's eyes widen, and he whispers something back, before leaning to Misty, his tone hushed by her ear. "Those to back together or what?"

Con turns his chair around to straddle it beside Jamie, looking over her to Dalton. "Welcome to the gang, Hulk. I'm glad there's a new big guy to watch out for this crazy bunch around the office"

No comments: