9/16/09

Five sessions

Rick hangs up the phone, the shock and confusion all over his face. Turning to Misty, he just looks at her for a moment. "Jeff is Katie's father." He blinks. "Jay didn't want to talk about it - that much I could tell... either that or he wasn't alone, and he couldn't."

He furrows his brow, trying to understand. "I think there's a family secret here, Misty... I told Jay it wouldn't go further than this and... as much as I want to know more... I think for now we better just keep this under our hats." He shakes his head, still shocked. "Um... yeah... so let's... get back to work then."



Jeff doesn't object to Katie putting another blanket over him, though he does slip his hand back out to hold hers. "Thank you," he manages, his tired eyes falling shut again.

Hearing Jay was there, he doesn't say anything for a moment. "Yeah... yeah he can come. He and I.... we..... we need to talk. "

Jeff gives her hand a weak squeeze. His mind seems to clear for a moment, and his eyes open as if he remembered something. He glances down, but can't see the floor from his position, and a sinking feeling warns him that he might have dropped what he'd been looking at earlier. He says nothing though... better to leave it unnoticed.

Letting his eyes close once more, he gives a little nod. "You'll be okay, Katie... I know you will... I love you."



Gunner allows a little chuckle to surface. "I better figure out what to think of you or else I might fall in love with you like your last Elite client did." He raises one eyebrow, giving Hope a look of wry humor. He didn't hold anything against her or Scott in the least, and rather thought it cute. He shakes his head.

"Alright. Friends it is. But you and I both know that there's still an agenda here, whether it's your own, or Reese's. If you just wanna hang out and do nothing, it's fine by me. I'm not going to put up a fight because there's nothing to fight about." He shrugs, as laid back as ever. "You just tell me when we're done and I'll go back to work. I can survive five sessions like this if you can."

No comments: