1/21/08

Delivery

Con thanks Katie gratefully for the coffee as he tries to gain a second wind.

Cindy blushes slightly and puts her hair behind her ears. “Well…thank you, Wes. I…I don’t know how…I mean….you’ve been a great help to me.”

Clint types one-handed on the computer, not moving his one arm, lest he wake Wendy. He glances down at her thoughtfully for several moments, reflecting on what’s changed since he arrived here.

The young delivery man smiles broadly. “Hey, good morning. Hope I didn’t wake you folks, but this was the first stop on my route, being so far from town.” He takes his long box and opens it to withdraw a delicately wrapped single rose. He grins as he hands it over. “This is for a…” he squints at his order sheet. “Katie Pent.” His eyes twinkle with mischief. “No note though – must be a secret admirer. Enjoy.”

No comments: